What information do we collect?
“Personal Data” means the following types of information that we may gather, store, and use relating to you in order to provide you with access to the Site:
- “Registration Information” means any information provided when you voluntarily register for use of the Site or subscribe through the Site to email newsletters, bulletins and other communications, including, but not limited to, username, password, and email address.
- “Customer Service Communications” means any comments or questions that you submit to us via the Communications page as well as any information that you report to us about the operation of the Site, including bug reports or requests for enhancements.
- “Log Information” means information that your browser sends when you use the Site. Our servers automatically record basic information that your browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your message, Internet Protocol address, other addressing information, the date and time of your request and an authentication token used to validate your identity and that of your computer.
How do we use this information and for what purpose?
- provide the services and any customer support you request
- resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems
- enforce our Terms
- customize, measure, and improve the Site, content and layout
- inform you about Site updates
- unless you choose to opt-out, inform you about online events, promotional offers, activities, and products of this Site and its affiliates
- compare information for accuracy and verify your identity, and
- provide other services for you as described when we collect the information.
Additionally we may use your information as described below.
Generally, we do not ask users to register to use the Site. However, for some of the activities and services available on the Site, we may ask for Registration Information in order to verify your identity and to enable your use of those aspects of the Site. If you choose to purchase a product or service available through the Site, we use third-party banking organizations and other providers of payment services to bill you, and in that case, you are providing the necessary billing information directly to such provider(s).
We respect the privacy of personal email accounts, and we will store your email addresses just as securely as other Personal Data. Your Registration Information will not be passed to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit permission. We may use email to keep you up to date with news about the Site and other products we offer. You may opt-out of receiving promotional email messages through the link provided in such communications. However, we reserve the right to use email to notify you of any faults or issues with registered services, or of any claims or concerns related to your use of the Site, including without limitation claims of violation of third-party rights.
Customer Service Communications
Information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Site. We reserve the right to utilize anonymous information for marketing purposes, for instance by displaying selected anonymous comments on our website or in other communications. Further, we may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experiences which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide such data. We will never share any personally identifiable (feedback) information with a third party, without your explicit permission.
We will use this server information to assist us in providing you with a quality user experience on the Site and for our statistical information.
To whom do we transfer your personal information?
Except as provided below, we shall not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any Registration Information to any third party without your explicit permission, unless we are obliged to do so under applicable laws or by order of governing authorities.
We may collect anonymous, aggregated data from our Site and provide it to our service providers to help us with our market research and statistical purposes. TFCCS may use such information to help determine ways to improve the Site. TFCCS reserves the right to publish non-personally identifiable, summary information regarding its Site visitors for informational and promotional purposes. Please note that this is not personal information, only general summaries of the activities of our visitors and customers.
By using the Site, you consent to the information collected by us being stored and processed in the United States or any country in which we, our affiliates, or our service providers maintain facilities.
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We take reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. You should be aware that Internet communications are not always secure. Despite our best efforts, no security measures are completely impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot promise you that third parties cannot access your Registration Information, and you agree we are not liable for any such disclosure(s).
Where you are required to use a password or you are given access to an account for any service on our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of such password and account designation. You should not share your Registration Information (such as your password) and should exit from your account after each session. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to:
- Provide the use of the Site
- Communicate with you regarding the Site or other services that we offer
- Comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts
- Enforce our Terms
What are cookies and how do we use them?
“Cookies” are text files stored on a user’s hard drive that are used to collect information about the user’s visits to the Site. Cookies help us create an overall profile of how a user uses our Site, and how often visits occur. Cookies cannot be used to collect data from any user’s computer – cookies can only be used in conjunction with visits within our Site.
See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer for more information about cookies.
How far does our responsibility extend?
Users from outside the United States
ChristianSciencePlaza.com is not intended for persons under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), this Site does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If it is learned that such information has been collected without parental consent, that information will be deleted from the Site’s database as quickly as practical or the child’s parent or guardian will be contacted for consent.
We recommend minors under the age of 18 ask a parent for permission before sending personal information over the Internet. We encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet practices and to be involved in their children’s online activities.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
ChristianSciencePlaza.com does not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
No rights of third parties
What rights do you have and how can you contact us?
If you would like to exercise your right to view, correct, complete or remove your Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected]. Upon verification of your identity, we will attempt to quickly fulfill your request, provided we will not act contrary to applicable laws by fulfilling your request.
Effective date: June 17, 2016